Job Title: Bookkeeper
Reports to: Director of Finance
Role: West Coast is seeking a part-time (20 +/- hours per week) bookkeeper to help maintain the management company trust account records.
Applicants for the part time accounting position should have:
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and practices
- Experience with recording financial transactions for organizations or individuals utilizing accounting software.
- Experience working in an Accounts Receivable and an Accounts Payable position.
- Experience and understanding of the use of debits and credits in recording Journal Entries to maintain accurate and comprehensive financial transaction records.
- Ability to read and analyze basic financial transaction reports including P&L, balance sheet, and General Ledgers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function in a Windows Server environment using the Microsoft Office Suite software (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Minimum education requirement: successful completion of post-secondary (college level) Accounting 101 course or equivalent
- Minimum experience requirement: 2 years working as a bookkeeping/accounting professional
- Experience working as a bookkeeper/accountant for a property management company a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with AppFolio property management software a plus but not required.
“Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for Viking Service Corp. Viking Service Corp. provides an equal employment opportunity — we do not tolerate any forms of discrimination. Viking Service Corp. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.”